Ants are everywhere, but that doesn't mean they should be in your home.
Do you know what ants are? How about their habits or how to get rid of them? If not, don’t worry – Canberra Pest Exterminators is here to help!
Ants in Canberra
Canberra is known for being the capital of Australia, but it’s also home to a large number of ants. In fact, they are so prevalent in Canberra that they are considered a nuisance by many residents.
The warm summers and mild winters provide an ideal environment for ant colonies to thrive. Canberra is also home to a lot of food sources for ants. There are plenty of opportunities for ants to find food in Canberra, whether it’s in residential homes or in commercial businesses.
Additionally, ants are attracted to places with a lot of human activity. This is because humans often drop food or leave crumbs behind, which provides an easy food source.
Fun Facts about Ants
Ants are among the most common insects on the planet, and they play an important role in many ecosystems. Here are five interesting facts about these insects:
1. There are more than 12,000 species of ants worldwide.
2. These tiny insects can lift objects that are up to 50 times their own body weight.
3. Some species can live for up to 30 years.
4. They have a highly developed social structure, and some species are able to communicate by using chemical signals.
5. They have a hard exoskeleton that protects them from many dangers.
Symptoms of an Infestation
If you find a single ant in your home, it’s probably not cause for alarm. But if you start seeing ants on a regular basis, it’s a good indication that you have an infestation. Here are five signs to look for:
1. Trails. If you see a line of ants marching across your countertops or floors, they’re looking for food.
2. Nests. If you find a group of ants gathered together in one spot, they’ve likely established a nest somewhere in your home.
3. Ants in your cupboards. If you start finding them in your food storage areas, it means they’ve gotten into your food supply and are helping themselves to a free meal.
4. Swarms. If you see a large number of ants all at once, it’s a sign that the colony is large and well-established.
5. Damaged plants. If you have plants that are being chewed, it means they’re using them as a food source.
If you see any of these signs, it’s time to take action to get rid of the ant problem before it gets out of hand.
Ant Control in Canberra
Are you tired of seeing ants crawling around your kitchen? Do you want to enjoy your backyard without worrying about being bitten?
If so, then it’s time to call Canberra Pest Exterminators. We are the leading provider of ant control in Canberra, and we can quickly get rid of any infestation, no matter how large. Our team of experienced professionals will work diligently to identify the source of the problem and eliminate it at the root. In addition, we will take steps to prevent future infestations, so you can rest assured that your home will be ant-free and pest free.
Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free consultation.
Don’t Wait, Protect Your Property Today!
We are committed to providing the highest quality pest & termite service possible.
Our team only uses industry leading pesticides, which have been carefully selected for their safety and environmental friendliness in order to make sure you, your family members or pets stay safe. We take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of your family and pets.