Do you know what bed bugs are? How about the signs of an infestation? If not, you need to read on. Bed bugs are small, parasitic insects that can cause many problems for homeowners. They feed on human blood and can leave behind itchy bites. If you think you may have a bed bug infestation, it is essential to take action right away. In this blog post, Canberra Pest Exterminators will teach you everything you need to know about bed bugs in this blog post.
If you have a bed bug infestation, you should call the team at Canberra Pest Exterminators. We have years of experience treating bed bug infestations and can help you get rid of these pests for good.
Top 10 Facts You Should Know About Bed Bugs
1. Bed bugs are small, parasitic insects that feed on mammal blood. These nasty pests love to drink blood, especially human blood. They use their tiny beak, called a harp proboscis, to bite into the skin and gorge themselves on blood.
2. Bed Bugs can survive for 5 months without any blood. This makes them very difficult to get rid of. They can enter a hibernation state and stay in your house for months without you knowing.
3. They can leave behind itchy bites that can be pretty uncomfortable. However, these bites are not poisonous but can lead to a range of other issues like skin infections and insomnia. Some people even report allergic reactions to these bugs that can cause severe health problems.
4. Bed bugs are not limited to mattresses and bedding. Suprinsgly, they can also be found in sofas, chairs, curtains and even clothing.
5. Bed bugs are not limited to humans. They can also bite animals like dogs and cats. Pets can spread them around the neighbourhood.
6. If you think you have a bed bug problem, it is crucial to call in professionals at Canberra Pest Exterminators. Do not try to deal with them on your own. Bed bugs can be challenging to get rid of and quickly become an infestation if left untreated.
7. They travel between places through human contact or by hitching a ride on clothing, bags or other personal belongings.
8. Despite common misconceptions, these bugs are not attracted to dirt or mess. They don’t discriminate and can be found anywhere, like office buildings, luxury hotels, and hospitals.
9. Bed Bugs can survive extreme hot and cold temperatures. These parasites are hardy and have been known to survive in extreme climates. This means they are extremely difficult to eradicate without expert bed bug pest control.
10. Bed bugs are tough and intelligent. These insects are very skilled at hiding, travelling, and surviving. This makes them one of the hardest pests to get rid of.
Bed Bug Control Canberra
A professional pest control company should always treat bed bug infestations. Trying to get rid of bed bugs on your own can be difficult and ineffective. These pests are a nightmare. They’re small, they hide in the tiniest of places, and they reproduce at an alarming rate. Act fast before it gets out of control.
Bed bugs are a growing problem in Australia. They’re small, flat and reddish-brown insects that feed on human blood. They can be found almost anywhere – from homes to hotels to schools and office buildings. If you have bed bugs, it can make your life miserable. You might find yourself constantly itching or scratching at bites as you try to sleep at night. Or you could wake up with unexplained red welts all over your body. It doesn’t matter if you live in an apartment building or a single-family home – these pests can travel.
Best Pest Control in Canberra
The good news is we know how to get rid of them. Our team will come into your home and inspect every nook and cranny until we find where the infestation is coming from – whether it’s inside furniture, behind baseboards, under carpeting or even inside electrical outlets. Once we’ve identified the source of the problem, our technicians will create a customised treatment plan just for you. We use high-quality products designed specifically for killing bed bugs without harming people or pets.
Contact us today for a consultation or bed bug inspection.